Thought Industries offers a seamless integration with Zoom to allow for the creation and update of webinars, meetings and events straight from your learning site. On this page you will find an overview of how to set up and leverage the integration. After authorizing your learning site to connect with your Zoom account, you can create and manage Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) directly through the Thought Industries platform.
How to get started: You can use TI to connect with your desired webinar provider and easily add virtual events/webinars to your school. To set up this integration, the first thing you need to do is establish a connection with your desired Zoom account.
Connect to Zoom
- Navigate to the Settings tab within your learning site.
- Click on Integrations > Webinars and locate the Zoom Integration section.
- Connect to Zoom by clicking "Add Account" button.
- Enter your login information and click connect. You can connect as many accounts as you would like. NOTE: You must already have an account set-up with Zoom outside of the TI platform to integrate.
Set Up a Zoom Meeting
- Navigate to the Content tab within your learning site.
- Click the "Add Content" button in the top right corner.
- Select "VILT/Webinar" as the content type to create.
- Title your meeting, select Zoom as your provider and your Zoom account as your connection. Next, complete all other fields (start date/time, end date/time, reoccurring options, etc.) and click Save.
- Clicking save will create this meeting as an event in Zoom and all future registrations and changes made through Ti will be reflected. NOTE: You also have the option to import an existing meeting.
Uninstall Connected Zoom Meeting Account
- Navigate to the 'Manage Content' tab under Content within your learning site.
- Archive all existing webinar content associated with the Zoom account you are trying to uninstall by selecting "Settings" from the content drop down menu.
- Once in settings, navigate to "Manage" and select "Archive this Content".
- After all associated webinar content has been archived, return to "Manage Content" view and select "View Archive" at the very bottom of the screen.
- Delete all content associated with the Zoom account by selecting "Delete Forever" from the "Actions" drop down.
- Once all content associated with the Zoom account have been deleted, navigate to 'Settings' on your main site.
- From "Settings" navigate to "Integrations" and then "Webinars".
- Scroll down to the "Zoom" container and select "Logout of Zoom".
Features and Capabilities
After completing the steps above you will now be able create Webinars as content on your site. With the Zoom integration, some of the features you will be able to access include:
- Setting up and managing daily, weekly or monthly reoccurring meetings
- Setting up and managing standalone, non-reoccurring meetings
- Monetizing meetings and setting access restrictions as well as edits through your Ti site
- Tracking registration and attendance
- Reporting on engagement metrics and more
Having trouble? Check out these common troubleshooting options:
Unable to Connect an Account:
- Ensure you are logged in as an admin to Ti. To do so, refresh the page and make sure the backend loads fully before attempting to connect your account.
- Ensure you have entered your Zoom email address and password correctly.
- If you are multiple accounts, ensure you have clicked to logout of your primary account from the Ti Webinar management interface.
Unable to Create a Meeting:
- Ensure starting date/time of the meeting is not in the past.
- Ensure end date/time of the meeting does not occur before the set start time.
- Ensure run time of the meeting does not exceed 24 hours.
- If reoccurring meeting option is checked, ensure all fields are complete before saving.
Still need help? Contact your CSM or email Support for further help! Support is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm EST and you should receive a response within 24 hours. However, for urgent matters and more info check your contract for exact expected response times.