Product Marketing Manager (Boston, MA)
Our mission is to transform the way online learning experiences are created, managed, and delivered on a global scale. Our goal is to become the premier platform for organizations growing their online learning businesses. We are a fast-growing tech company -- a people-first organization with a flexible, fun, hard working environment.
As Thought Industries Product Marketing Manager you will work with product, customer success, and sales / marketing peers to build compelling marketing campaigns for new products, create sales materials to communicate the business value of our product, and develop expertise about potential customers. Your primary responsibility will be attracting qualified leads to the site and helping the sales team reduce the time to close new deals.
This position mashes up creative and analytical skills, and requires an agile intellect that can blend customer intelligence, storytelling, data manipulation, and technology to translate the value of our product to new and existing customers.
In this role, you’ll be successful if you can:
- Develop product messaging that resonates with target buyer personas and differentiates the value of Thought Industries products from others in the market.
- Communicate the value of new products to the marketing and sales teams and develop sales materials that help educate the team and close more deals.
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution for new products and features, working cross-functionally to ensure a successful launch
- Create product content such as landing pages, press releases, case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts for marketing and customer communication. Work with the product and marketing teams to ensure all relevant product information is updated in our corporate site, with relevant selling points
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of launch campaigns and other programs, generating quality MQLs, SQLs, and ultimately closed deals from your efforts.
- Using interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and what’s next
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on the competition and how they are positioned
Sound like something you’d love to do? Awesome! Your background and experience should include, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a B2B / SaaS-focused product marketing role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the value of a product to solving business challenges. We want to communicate “why” more than “what.”
- Strong left brain / right brain execution that combines creativity with analytical rigor.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills. Much of our team works remotely and it's important that we're able to understand each other through text and spoken word.
- Eagerness to collaborate, learn, and contribute. You’re equally comfortable writing content for a sales sheet and landing page as you are defining and managing the various components of a product launch.
- Experience working with a direct sales team, as well as with product management teams.
- Previous experience with online learning software a plus
- Passionate, motivated and hungry to succeed
If you meet the above requirements and want to join the team, please email us your resume to email@example.com