Product Manager (Boston)
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help us build out our SaaS Learning Business Platform. Your day to day would consist of working to gather requirements and create complete project plans for new functionality and enhancements to our learning platform. This involves creative problem solving and working closely with stakeholders to shape ideas into a narrative that a developer can follow.
- Gather requirements to gain complete understanding around a proposed enhancement or change to the platform. Clearly articulate those requirements, including detailed write ups and wireframes with the goal of moving a project forward toward handoff to development.
- Communicate and work effectively with designers as well as developers to take projects through each step of the product lifecycle and see them through to completion.
- Understand the needs of the market as well as current clients to ensure the product team is building the right thing at the right time.
- Become a product expert and use that knowledge to validate features will function well in a complex and powerful product.
- Collaborate closely with product owner and other team members to build a cohesive product.
- Assist with post-release support to ensure marketing understands the functionality and value of major releases. Occasionally engage with customer success and sales teams at a high-level to provide product support.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Self motivated and excited to join a fast-paced, creative team and make an immediate impact.
- Able to produce exceptional work both in an independent setting and well as a collaborative environment.
- Thorough and strategic when approaching problems and passionate about solving them.
- An eye for design and the desire to create something beautiful!
- At least 1-2 years experience working in a similar role.
- Experience working at a SaaS company preferred.
Thought Industries is a startup in the Online Learning space. We enable training and software companies to launch and monetize external learning programs — think Shopify meets Udemy/Coursera.
This is a full-time position based in our Boston office. No Recruiters, please, and we are only able to consider US citizens at this time.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Thought Industries is one of the world’s fastest-growing online learning companies in the U.S. We are helping consumer brands and for-profit learning organizations change how they build, deploy and grow online learning businesses. Today, hundreds of customers and brands are using the Thought Industries’ Learning Business Platform to transform the way they reach, teach, and engage audiences.
We are a growing, well-funded technology company, with a talented team and a clear vision. This is a unique opportunity to take a lead role at an exciting SaaS software company with a robust cloud-based platform. We hire talented people who are self-motivated and team orientated. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
To apply: Please submit your a cover letter explaining what kind of role you are looking for and why Thought Industries specifically interests you along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Thought Industries Team